About Richards Electric Motor Company
Richards Electric Motor Company was founded by Carl Richards in 1954 at the site of the old Quincy Armature Works at 517 South 5th St, in Quincy, IL. What started as an electric motor repair business has greatly expanded and now offers a wide range of products and services in the electrical industry.
Today, for our Industrial, Commercial, Municipal, and Agricultural customers, our services include:
- Full Service Electric Motor, Pump, Welder, Generator, Electrical & Electromechanical Accessory Sales & Service
- Variable Frequency Drive, Soft-Start, and Electronic Sales & Service
- Electrical, Electromechanical, & Automation Engineering
- Electrical Contracting
- Fully Customized Electrical Control Panels
- Water & Wastewater Systems
- Specializing in Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition
As a member of EASA, our staff is knowledgeable and takes pride in knowing the latest state of the art technologies in material and equipment. Safety has been and remains a top priority and we are fully versed in the National Electric Code and a member of the NFPA.
24 Hour Emergency Service is Available.
Currently, REMCO retains approximately 40 employees, headquartered in Quincy, IL with sales offices in St. Louis, MO and Union, MO.
EASA – Electrical Apparatus Service Association
NFPA – National Fire Protection Association
IRWA – Illinois Rural Water Association
MRWA – Missouri Rural Water Association
UMIMRA – Upper Mississippi, Illinois, & Missouri Rivers Association
The Builders Association
GREDF – Great River Economic Development Foundation
NFIB – National Federation of Independent Business
Quincy Area Chamber of Commerce
Illinois Chamber of Commerce
U.S. Chamber of Commerce